7/13/08

Four Years and Counting

Wow, it's pretty hard to believe it's been four years since Josh and I first met! For those that don't remember (or maybe never knew), Josh and I met on July 17th, 2004. It was a rainy evening and we were encouraged to go to Durtty Nelly's by some of our mutual friends. We both showed up despite our apprehensions, and the rest is history! Well it wasn't quite that easy, but you get the point. On one hand, it seems like just yesterday and on the other, we think about all that the last four years has brought us and it seems like a lifetime ago. We feel so blessed though and are looking forward to the next four, and forty. (The picture isn't from four years ago, only about three, but it's the oldest I could find that I had digital)

Things are going very well for us now that we're settling back into a normal routine. It was a tough few transitional months after moving back but it has paid off and we're so glad to be back with our friends and family. In fact, we had an amazing 4th of July holiday weekend with our friends. I have some photos below of our trip to Ginnie Springs. Our visitors were Kyle and Harmony Abney as well as friends of Katie and Brad's, Laura and Adam Harms. It was such a blast!!

Up next for the summer is more work around the house as we get settled in as well as the start to Gator Football season. Oh, and there's Josh's 10 year High School reunion coming up as well. Fun fun fun!! We're looking forward to all the visitors during fall for football games, if we haven't already invited you, please know you're certainly welcome.

Lastly, in just a little over a week Josh's sister Caitlin will be moving to Gainesville. She accepted a job as a physical therapist assistant at Shands. We're so excited for her to have gotten such a great job immediately after graduation, and even more excited to have her close. She'll be staying with us for a bit while she settles in and then getting a place of her own. One down, the rest of our family and friends to go (we're secretly lobbying to move everyone we know to Gainesville).

We hope you are all having a great summer!

4th of July

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks....you guys are awesome! I'm so excited to be sharing this part of my life with you and Josh. I love you!