After my shock on the scale Josh and I met with the doctor to touch base and to hear the heartbeat. Last time she had to push around for a while to find it but this time she barely held the machine to me and there it was loud and clear! It was a strong, healthy 155-160 beats per minute. They say higher heartbeats are girls but who knows, could be a really active little boy!!
Speaking of the gender, at our next appointment we'll get our 18 week ultrasound. At that point they will check every little detail of the baby to make sure things look good as well as tell us what we're having. I'm most excited for that part, I can't wait to know so I can start planning!
Everything else has been going very well. My morning sickness has faded although I still don't quite have an appetite back (at least in the evenings). I get headaches every now and then which I can deal with, at least I'm keeping food down! As far as clothes go, I have a couple pairs of maternity pants now. They are too big but they are way more comfortable than trying to wear my regular work pants. All of my dresses, tops and other things still fit which should hold me over until about 20 weeks or so, at which point I'll start worrying about the rest of my wardrobe!
Hope you enjoyed the update and I hope everyone is doing well.
Love,
Jenny and Josh

No comments:
Post a Comment