10/29/09

Candy, Cankles and Camo!

What a great weekend! Saturday we celebrated the Gators beating Georgia and had a visit from my parents. They came up for the weekend to check on their condo and meet with a potential renter. Saturday night we handed out candy to all the trick or treaters - not as many as last year but still quite a few. After running out of candy last year I overstocked this time around and now I'll be eating Swedish Fish, Milk Duds, Kit Kats and Whoppers for the next few weeks, hope the baby boy likes candy!! After the trick or treaters we went to our friends' annual Halloween party. The McGills always host a great gathering every year and this year was no different! Josh borrowed some camo from my dad (and a rubberband shotgun) and went as a hunter and I borrowed a scarecrow costume and went as a pregnant scarecrow. The funny thing was that some guy at the party asked me if I was really pregnant or if it was part of the costume....I wasn't sure what to think about that one.

The duck hunter and his retriever...not sure how well that would go but they sure do look good pretending!
We're quite the pair. No creative couples costumes yet again, maybe next year.

I'm sure you were wondering about the "cankles" in the headline of this post. Well that is in reference to my ankles which have now morphed into my calves. It was the strangest thing. Last week I was moving along well with my pregnancy and enjoying the thought of only six more weeks to go (and 24 work days!) and then bam! Swollen ankles. I first noticed when I tried to slip on some flip flops and couldn't. I decided to go for my usual walk anyway, bad idea, and by the time I got back home my ankle bones were missing. It doesn't hurt at all but it just looks nasty. Josh's suggestion - "wear pants!" That works well when it's cool or cold outside but not when Florida is still experiencing a fall heat wave. I included a photo because I felt like all my friends just needed to share in this experience. And thankfully they have gone down dramatically since this photo, but they still fall under the cankle category.

(Yes, the left is much bigger than the right.
How annoying that they couldn't even be the same size!)

34 weeks and growing! Excuse the mess behind me, I'm working hard to get all of our baby stuff organized and out of the main living area of the house!

I had to include this picture of Darby and his daddy. They were just too adorable.

No comments: