We arrived in Ft. Myers at the hotel at 4:55 p.m. and we had to leave by 5:40 p.m. in order to get to the ceremony site by 6 p.m. YIKES! We still had to hand-off Colton to my parents and shower. They met us at the drive for the hotel and helped us unload. In record time Josh and I cleaned up and got ready for the wedding. I managed to write instructions for Colton while still in the car so I gave those to Grammy and asked her to read and let me know if she had any questions before we left. Definitely not the way I wanted to leave my baby on our first night away!
We made it to the ceremony on time, phew! We had a great time celebrating Mike and Karla’s wedding and catching up with lots of my old Tridelt friends from college. We did really well with leaving Colton. I think because we were so rushed it didn’t give us time to dwell on it. I did catch Josh scrolling through Colton’s photos on his cell phone though and I had to pull him out on the dance floor to distract him We had a great time and when I woke up the next morning I immediately headed next door to my parents room to see my little man. They said he did well and probably would have done just fine sleeping through the night in his little pack and play but my mom did pick him up to change his diaper because she said she could smell pee.
Anyway, Sunday morning we celebrated Easter in the hotel lobby. A little strange, well a lot strange, but it was worth it to spend the evening with Karla and Mike. Colton got his Easter baskets and he also got to meet all my friends. Harmony is 17 weeks pregnant (hard to tell in the photos) so it was fun to see her and Kyle and remember back to how Josh and I felt around babies just before Colton arrived. It’s a whole new world, that’s for sure!
After visiting for a bit we all said our goodbye’s and Josh and I got back on the road. We stopped again in Tampa because Colton was waking up and we wanted him to be able to stretch out a bit and play. We decided to stop at IKEA and it was the first trip for either of us. GOOD GRACIOUS that place is just nuts. It’s not that it was all that busy since it was Easter it’s just that there was so much going on and so many things to look at. We found the two chairs we wanted but unfortunately we didn’t have enough room in our car to get them home. They are not flat packed like 99% of the other stuff in the store. Colton loved IKEA though, he was talking VERY loudly as we walked around and he loved when Josh set him in the bin of stuffed animals to pick out his toy. We left with two stuffed animals for Colton, a seagrass flower pot and some basil seedlings. Random! The rest of the trip home kind of stunk, Colton wasn’t ready for another nap and was just so miserable in the car seat. I’m hoping he grows out of it otherwise we will only travel at night from now on.
Well that’s the update for now. Pictures are below. This weekend is Caitlin’s wedding so we’ll be sharing some photos after that.
Love you all and hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter holiday.
Jenny
![]() |
| Easter Weekend |


2 comments:
Such great pics!!!! I wanted to leave comments...but Picasa wouldn't let me click on the comment box!!! Stupid!!
Anyways, Colton looks like he is growing and changing so much! Connor had the same easter basket!!!
Sorry the car ride was no fun!!! I agree it is easier to drive at night...as long as you can handle the drive while tired.
Hope to catch up soon!
agree with jp...GREAT pics! i think my fave is the big easter basket smile! why do you leave SO MANY of these off of FB??? both of you? i have to stalk your babies on your blogs! hahaha! adorable pics jenny...he's just the happiest, cutest lil' guy! xo
Post a Comment