Today was Colton’s 6 month check-up. He’s actually almost 7 months now, which his so hard to believe. He was almost 20 lbs (75th percentile), 28 ¼” long (90th percentile) and 85th percentile for head circumference. Such a big boy! He’s wearing mostly 9 month and 12 month clothes at this point and when I have to carry him in his car seat it’s about all I can do to lift him up. We’re getting ready to switch over to a convertible seat in at least one car which will mean no more of that heavy lifting, phew.Our big boy is reaching lots of milestones. He sits up very well on his own and will stand holding onto furniture. He will stand up on his own if you hold his hands and is also taking a few steps backward (although not forward yet). He holds his own bottle and is working on drinking water from a sippy cup. He sleeps very well at night…most of the time! Things he doesn’t like – rolling over and taking naps, ha! He is such an active little boy. I think we are seriously going to have our hands full when he gets mobile. When we sit him down on his changing table he immediately lunges forward to grab items from the container I keep diapers and supplies in, he also grabs at the blinds. We’re teaching him “no, no” when he does this but it’s very apparent we don’t understand the word yet :)
As far as talking and sounds go he has a favorite expression now – “uh da” and on occasion he will say “da da.” He loves to babble and we call it dolphin talk when he does his high-pitched squeal. The best ever was one morning at 5:15 a.m. when we could hear him in there practicing his “uh da” – he eventually went back to sleep, thank goodness.
Alright, more to come in another post on Father’s Day weekend!!
(P.S. The photos are previews from a shoot we did with our friend Wendy. It was 100+ degrees outside and Colton was such a trooper. I love how you can totally see his personality in these. He has such expressive eyebrows and is such a little boy... all rough and tough. I'll post the rest soon)


No comments:
Post a Comment