11/17/10

Happy Halloween! (Better late than never)

I've been meaning to get on here and post our Halloween pictures for a while now but the time keeps passing and I keep putting it off. I've been so busy at work that the little time during the week I have at home I want to spend with my boys and weekends just fly by and are gone before I know it!

Colton's first Halloween was awesome. In some ways it seems like his second because we did our maternity shoot a year ago and technically...he was already there. This year the festivities began early in the week. My company does a great event called Trail of Treats where lots of departments set up fun booths outside of our building and employees bring their kids to trick or treat. We dressed up our little cowboy in his costume and took him for his first of three go-rounds.

We decided to make him a cowboy because we wanted a costume we could easily pair with our furry child - so of course Cowboys and Indians! We found the shirt a few months back and then slowly collected the pieces. A star belt buckle and a real Stetson baby cowboy hat. He actually outgrew his boots before Halloween so we opted to use his regular shoes but the chaps and vest were handmade by his Grammy. Thankfully it was simple enough that he didn't really even notice we had put him in some crazy outfit. We also took his walker and wrapped it in a brown pillowcase and Josh drew a horse on it...that was a make-shift partner for him since Darby wasn't allowed at my office :)

The Friday before Halloween was adult fun time. Josh and I went to a Halloween party with some of his engineering colleagues. I'll just leave it at this...adults can get a little crazy when you dress them up and give them babysitters. Thank goodness Grammy and Grampy were kind enough to watch Colton for us and handle the 7 a.m. wake-up!

Saturday was the perfect day for the corn maize! We went out to Roger's Farm about 10 minutes from where we live and we enjoyed a petting zoo, hay ride, potato gun shooting, corn maize, cow train ride, duck races and more! Colton absolutely loved it. His favorite animal was the pig. In fact he liked them so much he tried to get inside the pen!

After a fun day we had our friends Brad, Katie and James over for the Florida Georgia game. We also had a visit from Sherri and Justin and their twins Addison and Grayson. Addy and Gray are just adorable. She has brown hair and he has red hair and they couldn't be more different :) It's such an amazing story how they ended up as a family. Sherri and Justin went through a lot in the process of adoption and God blessed them with two perfect little babies. They are a beautiful family! After they visited we dressed up and loaded up and headed to Trick or Treat on Main Street in our downtown. James and Colton really enjoyed cruising around in the wagon. They spent the majority of the time wacking each other in the head with the skeleton wand and stealing it back from each other...boys will be boys! The best part of the night was watching the game on the side of the wall (projected by one of the local restaurants). When the boys finally started to let us know they were tired we headed home and listened to the last few seconds of the game in the truck. I was on the edge of my seat and with seconds left our kicker pulled it off and scored giving us the win! Florida Georgia is such a rivalry game so it's always good to get the W!!

Finally on Sunday we had our friends the Cornell's over (and Kerrie!) and we had a great spaghetti dinner and ended the night with trick or treating. Kerrie and I stayed to hand out candy and after it turned dark (and I started to worry!) we spotted a light coming down the road. Josh was walking back, flashlight in hand, with a sleeping cowboy on his shoulder. Although he may not remember his first Halloween, we made sure it was everything a boy could ask for!

Love,
Jenny, Josh and Colton
(and Darby too!)

Halloween

1 comment:

morgan cullen said...

"No pictures with the indian...really?" - Zola

Bwah haw haw! JK!

These pics are insane! So freakin' cute! I love his lil' smiles and the chapster bootie...HILAR!

PS - lovin' those spurs on your boots, miss sassy! ;)