3/23/11

Getting Ready for Some R&R

I'm so excited! We finally made a reservation for our anniversary getaway/first real time away by ourselves without Colton. It's bittersweet. On one hand I'm dreading leaving him, but on the other, I'm super excited to have some time with just the two of us.

We're heading to Darien, GA and staying here - (Open Gates Bed and Breakfast)





















We have visited St. Simon's Island many times and normally we'd go there and stay at the Village Inn and Pub but we wanted something a little different. While St. Simon's is small and quaint in the spring and summer it can get pretty crowded. Darien is about 30 minutes away and still on the coast. We wanted a place we could go and literally do nothing but still have the conveniences of a nice place to stay and nice restaurants. I found a B&B that seemed perfect and low and behold it was on the cover of a Southern Living that's still in a pile on my nightstand. I CAN NOT wait!!! It's such a long overdo trip. The Innkeepers have been great and I shared with them that we plan to sit on the porch, lay in the pool, eat, and DO NOTHING! Well, we may kayak but that's pretty relaxing too.

On another note, Colton is coming up on his big spring break so Nana and Papa are arriving this Friday to watch him for the week. The school is still open but we have to pay extra (in addition to his annual fee ) to send him so we opted out this time around. I'm sure they'll have some fun activities during the week and that he'll keep them very busy!! Pictures to come soon....

In the meantime, here's my cutie pie and the progression of thin mint cookie eating photos. He thought I was going to take it away from him so he ran off and shoved it in his mouth and acted like he wasn't eating anything. He gets his love of thin mints from me.

In the last photo he is thinking, "If I distract her by stealing this remote she won't notice the cookie in my mouth."

Love,
Jenny









































































1 comment:

Liz said...

I'm so happy for you that you are Josh are getting to escape for a little while! Have a wonderful time! And Colton, thin mints are my favorite, too!!!