Wish me luck! I’ll be running in my first half marathon this Sunday on Pensacola Beach. My foot issue has completely resolved thanks to new shoes, shoe inserts, ice baths and foot massage. If you’re wondering what my goal might be I’m glad to share it with you – my goal is to FINISH. I’ve loosely been following Jeff Galloway’s training program at the recommendation of a friend and I just wish I had discovered it sooner. I’m planning to do a combination of running and walking and while I hope to really push myself beyond what I’ve accomplished in my past long runs, I don’t plan to try and break any world records or anything. I have no desire to be the fastest or have the prettiest running stride, I just want to get out there and push myself beyond what I would have thought possible a year ago after giving birth to Colton (and stay injury free). Running gives you such a good high and I’m incredibly grateful for two strong legs that allow me the opportunity to run at all.
My iPod is loaded up, my new sneakers are packed and my stomach is a ball of nerves. So, with that, I’m off to the race!

2 comments:
You're gonna DO GREAT!!!
We're proud because our lazy bums haven't even SEEN running shoes in over two years, pathetic...i know!
YAY for you!!! So are you up for doing the Disney Princess 1/2 with me next Feb?????
Post a Comment