I'll start with Charlotte - we had been planning a trip up for so long now and we knew that it would probably be another year if we waited until after the baby so we decided we wanted to squeeze it in while we were just traveling with three (and while Colton still flies for free). It was his first plane trip and we really lucked out with a great deal on round trip tickets from Gainesville to Charlotte. It's a quick flight and both airports are small so it really couldn't have gone smoother. We left early on a Saturday morning and came home on the following Tuesday morning. I couldn't have asked for more from Colton during both flights. He was quiet, kept occupied with his toys and smiled at all the strangers who stopped to talk to him. He played a little too much with the seat back tray table and probably kicked the chair in front a few too many times for that person's taste but overall it was a flawless trip. The only bad part was losing our backpack with Colton's goodies (snacks, stuffed animal, etc) AND it happened to have my car keys. Ugh, we know we left it somewhere at the airport but the frustrating part is that somebody decided to keep it rather than turn it in. Nice!
I'll let the pictures do most of the narration for the trip. Our friends, The Doehnes, welcomed us into their beautiful home. They have two boys - Connor and Greyson. They are each 9 months older than our boys (including the one yet to be born). Connor and Colton were great together. They ran around the house like maniacs screaming after Luca (the dog) and playing with cars and watching Thomas the Train. Considering their age and the fact that they don't know each other well they did really great together. Colton was also so sweet to Greyson which definitely made us feel good knowing what he's about to go through in 3 weeks! So here is a link to Jamie's blog for more photos and below are photos that we took - http://thedoehnefamily.blogspot.com/2011/11/hanging-with-highlanders.html. As you can tell, we had an amazing time and I'm so glad we finally made the trip! We definitely hope to go again, especially during the fall with the gorgeous leaves. Next time we'll have FOUR little boys between the two families. It's crazy to think that 10 short years ago Jamie and I were carefree sorority sisters just living the good life at Stetson!! My how things change :)
![]() |
| Charlotte Trip |
Halloween was a week long event this year with activities at my work, Colton's school, trick or treating and pumpkin patch visiting. I put all the photos in one album and it's just a mix of a bunch of different things. Colton did really well trick or treating but I don't have the photos from that yet. We went to a friends neighborhood and I forgot my camera, go figure! He LOVED going up to the houses and getting his candy. He would say "trick or treat" and "thank you" and was so completely enamored with all the Halloween decorations that we usually had to drag him away to move on to the next house. I really can't wait until Christmas and going light looking and to see Santa. It's just amazing to see the holidays again through the eyes of a child. It definitely renews the holiday spirit and gives you a whole new appreciation for this time of year. I've always loved the holidays but nothing compares to the excitement of a child experiencing it for the first time.
![]() |
| Halloween |
Love,
Jenny



No comments:
Post a Comment