2/24/13

Teaguerdoodle turns ONE!

Be still my heart. I can barely stand to think about the fact that my sweet little baby boy is now fully moved on past babyhood and into toddlerhood. This year went by so incredibly fast but was so full of memories and laughter and sweet moments.

Teague is just an amazing and lovable little boy. He gives the best hugs ever. He will wrap is little arms around your neck and just hold you as tight as he can for as long as he can. He'll mash his little chubby cheeks up next to yours and it's almost as if he can't get close enough. He always seems to know just the right time to give a hug too, he just has a sense about when you really, really need one.

As most little brothers, he adores Colton. He will watch and emulate everything he does (the good and the bad!) and as much as he hugs daddy and mommy he also hugs his brother. Recently Colton and Teague have discovered how much fun it is to wrestle which makes me so incredibly nervous but Josh constantly reminds me that boys will be boys and it will only get worse as they get bigger. As long as they are playing nice I guess I'll have to be fine with it :)

Teague is still an awesome sleeper. He goes to bed around 7 or 7:30 and sleeps until 6:30 or 7. He rarely wakes up at night even when he's sick. The only time he does wake is when he hears his brother and thankfully he will go back to sleep as soon as Colton quiets down. He was a thumb sucker when we was trying to fall asleep but when we stopped the bottle he sort of phased it out on his own. We did have a band-aid on his thumb a few nights for a little cut from his teeth and that seemed to help too because he didn't like the taste of it. I'm not ready to call it done yet but I certainly hope we won't have to revisit this in a few years. Everything I read about thumb suckers online freaked me out!!

Right now Teague is about 28 lbs and I can't recall his exact height on his birthday but he was not even on the charts for height, he was well above. He wears 18-24 months and 2T clothes and I even had to put him in 3T the other day and they fit, yikes! I'm sure soon he'll slow down like Colton did or at least I hope that's what happens. He already eats so much that I can barely keep up and we go through at least two gallons of milk in our house a week. At $6 a gallon for organic it's gonna break the bank!

Teague is a man of few words. He loves his books and will pick them up and sit in his chair at bedtime ready to read. He'll point at things but hasn't started to identify them yet. He will say momma, dada, no, yes, thank you and down.

We had a wonderful first birthday party the week after his actual birthday. We waited a week so that more of our friends who were out of town for the holidays could join us. We did a candy cane/gingerbread theme with lots of red, white and tan and it was the perfect sweet party for a one year old. Teague enjoyed running around with all the bigger kids, jumping in the bounce house, eating cake and visiting with lots of family and friends. Here are some photos from the festivities -
Teague's 1st Birthday

Now that I'm a mom of two who has moved on from babyhood and into the throws of toddlerhood I can honestly say that the first year, for me, truly was the hardest. Balancing all the needs of a little baby combined with the loss of sleep was incredibly difficult but I know now just how fleeting those days were because they are over already. I love being a mom of boys, two boys, and love this little family that God has blessed me with more than I ever imagined I possibly could. I'm so excited to see what the years ahead have in store for my little men.

Love,
Jenny


No comments: