Both sets of grandparents were here and we woke up Christmas morning at our house. My parents and Josh's parents kept Colton entertained upstairs, turned on all the lights and made the coffee. Josh and I finally got up around 7:30 with Teague and we got ready to bring Colton down to see his gifts from Santa. Growing up my parents would always make me wait in my bedroom at the end of the hallway until the coffee was made, the tree was turned on and everything was just right before I could come out. It was shear torture!! Josh's parents also made him wait at the top of the stairs. There was no way we were going to let Colton miss out on that tradition! Below is a video of Colton coming down the stairs and out into the family room. He was just in awe. I love how he jumps in his new car and tosses his stocking to the side. The day was just wonderful. We opened stockings and gifts with all the grandparents and then Josh's parents headed back to Crestview to spend the rest of the holiday with Josh's Nana. My mom and I made a delicious blueberry breakfast cake and we just relaxed and opened gifts slowly throughout the morning. Josh handled the prime rib for dinner (it was amazing as usual) and we made scalloped potatoes and asparagus. It was a nontraditional meal but so YUMMY!
Instead of going through all the other Christmas adventures and telling you stories about Christmas day I'll just let the photos do the talking. Sorry, the album is large with some repeats because I compiled everyone's photos.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that the new year is off to a great start for you all.
Love,
Jenny
![]() |
| Christmas 2011 |
The video starts sideways but I eventually straightened it out.


No comments:
Post a Comment