Teague is my angel baby. I tell him that all time. He is so different from Colton but yet similar in some ways. When I was pregnant I felt like Teague was going to be a little calmer and that's definitely been the case. I would guess that I've heard him cry a total of 30 minutes since he was born. He only cries when he's really, really hungry and sometimes when he gets in his car seat - he's not a big fan of getting in it but once he's in he is fine. He doesn't even cry for feedings at night. He grunts and smacks his lips and I can see him just tossing and turning on the monitor so I know he's ready. During the day he just hangs out - he likes his play mat and sitting in his boppy and he really likes riding in the car and looking out of the window. He gets gassy like most babies but never fusses. He uses a pacifier during the day sometimes but not at night which is good because the first week I was constantly putting it back in after it fell out, it's enough to drive someone crazy!
Since he was born he's been on a pretty regular schedule. He takes a short nap in the morning, a long afternoon nap, and a short nap in the early evening. We started putting him to bed around 8 when Colton goes down and it's worked really well. Last night was a dream! He went down at 8 and then woke up at 3 for a feeding. He went back down at 3 and woke at 6 and then back down again until 9 a.m. Typical for him has been down at 8 and up at 1 and up again at 4 and back down until 7:30. The best part though isn't the stretch of sleep it's how great he is at falling asleep on his own. When I put him down for bed and after nighttime feedings he just lies awake in his crib for about 15 minutes until he falls asleep. No crying!! It took Colton 6 months to learn that and then we had to do sleep training for it to finally work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Teague keeps up his good sleep habits. I certainly wouldn't mind if that long stretch sticks around from here on out either :)
Colton adores his brother. I was a little nervous about how he'd be around him but he just loves to kiss him and hug him and offers him toys and blankets, especially if he cries. He hasn't shown any jealousy at all which has really made it easy. He can get a little rough with him so we have to be careful but other than that it's been great. I can definitely see Colton being a protective big brother when they get older.
Here is a video of my baby boy showing off his new smile (he just started smiling a little this morning). He's growing so fast and I just know that before we know it we'll be moving into toddlerhood with this little guy too!
Love,
Jenny

2 comments:
ummmm...so Nash is totally Teague's size...at THREE MONTHS!!! bwah haw haw! these last few posts are totally great!
What a sweet boy!!!
Post a Comment