10/17/10

Anything Like Me

What a great weekend! On Friday night Aunt Caitlin and Uncle Mike came over and watched Colton for us. Josh and I went out with some friends to celebrate Wendy's birthday (she's the wonderful photographer who has taken many of Colton's photos). We don't often go out before Colton has gone to bed because we like to do his bedtime routine just right to ensure a full night of sleep but Aunt Caitlin is an old pro and she put Colton down without any problems and he slept until 7:45 a.m. the next morning (12 1/2 hours)!!! She can babysit anytime she wants :)

Sunday was church and the Alachua Harvest Festival. I can't say it enough...we love our small town! They do so many great things around here for the holidays and it's so nice to actually run into people you know and be around so many other families our age. We wanted to swing a trip to the pumpkin patch but we're going to save it for another night.

I added the new photos to the album from my last post -

Fall


On another note I just had to share this song -- I heard this back when I was just pregnant but knew I was having a boy. Now that I know Colton and see him with his daddy it means even more. I hope Colton turns out to be just like his daddy... I would be one proud mama (although I'll probably have a few gray hairs)!

Brad Paisley - Anything Like Me

I remember saying I don't care either way
Just as long as he or she is healthy I'm ok
Then the doctor pointed to the corner of the screen
And said "You see that thing right there well you know what that means"

And I started wondering who he was going to be
And I thought heaven help us if he's anything like me
He'll probably climb a tree too tall and ride his bike too fast
End up every summer wearing something in a cast
He's gonna throw a ball and break some glass in a window down the street
He's gonna get in trouble oh he's gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

I can see him right now knees all skinned up
With a magnifying glass trying to melt a Tonka truck
Won't he be a sight with his football helmet on
That'll be his first love til his first love comes along
He'll get his heart broke by the time he's in his teens
And heaven help him if he's anything like me

He'll probably stay out too late and drive his car too fast
Get a speeding ticket he'll pay for mowing grass
He's gonna get caught skipping class and be grounded for a week
He's gonna get in trouble we're gonna get in fights
I'm gonna lose my temper and some sleep
It's safe to say that I'm gonna get my payback if he's anything like me

He's gonna love me and hate me along the way
Years are gonna fly by I already dread the day
He's gonna hug his momma, he's gonna shake my hand
He's gonna act like he cant wait to leave
But as he drives out he'll cry his eyes out
If he's anything like me there's worse folks to be like
Aw he'll be alright if he's anything like me

No comments: