7/14/12

Halfway to ONE!

Wow, it's really hard to believe six months have gone by since we welcomed baby Teague into our family. He is growing every single day and is such a happy, happy baby. He smiles the biggest grins and loves to laugh at his brother and daddy.

At his six month doctor's appointment we had a great visit. Teague was 28 1/2 inches long and 20.3 lbs. He started sitting up just before he turned six months and now he has it perfected. He is starting to move and can get all the way around the room by a combination of scoot, roll and caterpillar moves. He is still a really great sleeper. He takes three naps a day (sometimes two) and goes down so well. It's amazing, you truly don't appreciate how wonderful it is to have a baby that falls asleep on their own until you finally have one! I thought all babies were like Colton as a baby ;) He is eating lots of different baby foods and he has a huge appetite. He loves baby mum mum crackers and seems to like pretty much all foods. He hasn't made faces with any of them yet.

Teague loves Ms. Carmen (one of Colton's first teachers) and he gets so excited to see her every morning. I'm hoping he'll learn a little Spanish just like Colton did. He has three little friends in his class which is the perfect size. The other three are a few months older and most are just starting to walk. Teague thinks he can walk too and tries his hardest to get up and go just like they do.

Bedtime for Teague is pretty early. We keep him on a similar schedule to what we did for Colton and it works well. He goes to bed between 6:30 and 7 p.m. and sleeps until 4:30-5 a.m. He wakes up and nurses and goes right back to sleep and usually sleeps until anywhere between 6:30 and 7. It works great for me since I have an opportunity to start the day earlier. I'm looking forward to moving bedtime a little later as he gets older since it steals away our precious moments during the week.

I think one of the best things about having two little children is watching them interact with each other. Teague just watches Colton in pure amazement and smiles and laughs when Colton interacts with him. Colton is really good with Teague. He has his moments of being too rough or trying to take a toy away but overall you can tell he really loves his little brother.


Let's see, if I had to summarize I would say...

Teague loves: his big brother, chewing on anything and everything, sucking his thumb as he falls asleep, rocking with mommy, Darby, music, and food!

Teague can do without: his car seat, prune juice, diaper changes before bedtime (he's always cranky!), and that's about it.

Here are a few photos of my baby boy at his half birthday. I also included some summer fun photos. I love the redneck rigging Josh did when our neighbors (who are moving) gave us their hot tub. He had to move it asap so he hooked it up to his beloved lawn mower. I didn't know whether to be proud of his ingenuity or embarrassed as my husband rode with a hot tub from their house to ours. Priceless.

Teague - 6 months

Love,
Jenny

No comments: