7/15/12

Weddings, anniversaries and more

It's been two months since I last posted so I had quite a bit to catch up on. Since the blog is to document our life for the boys I wanted to include some of the little day to day.

During the last two months we made two quick trips. First, Josh and I went away for one night for the first time since Teague was born. We went out to my parents place in Steinhatchee and took their new boat out for its first run on the water. We put the boat in at the new landing in Steinhatchee and after a little mishap with the wind (let's just say I'm very appreciative of the gentlemen who came to my rescue as the boat spun away from me in the ramp thanks to giant gusts of wind) we were off! We cruised up the river and by Steinhatchee Landing where we were married 5 years ago. It was even more beautiful from the water. It's grown so much and now there are quite a few more cottages and homes. After cruising up the river we took the boat out into the gulf. We set the anchor and just relaxed and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset. After a nice dinner we went back to enjoy the first full night of sleep in months. Of course I woke up several times anyway thinking I heard Teague but it was more restful than a night at home! Thanks to Grammy and Grampy for keeping the boys for us. Mom was a trooper and willingly took that middle of the night feeding :)

Our next quick trip was in May when we went back to the panhandle for Daniel and Stephanie's wedding. Daniel is Josh's best friend (and was his best man in our wedding). They had a beautiful ceremony on the beach at Grayton Beach State Park (where we're vacationing this September). It was the perfect wedding for them. Just immediate family and one or two close friends. We had a delicious dinner after at a nice restaurant in Destin and enjoyed yummy cake. After, we went out with the newlyweds in Baytowne to celebrate. Another thanks to Grammy and Grampy for keeping the boys for us for the night!!

Here are some photos from both weekends -

2012 Fun

Love,
Jenny

No comments: